It doesn’t sound like a big deal: frost forming on the evaporator coils of your air conditioner. AC units are supposed to create cold air, so why should frost be a big deal? Unfortunately, the frost is usually a symptom of a larger problem, and as long as that problem remains unaddressed, your air conditioner will struggle more than it should to cool your home. Dover, DE residents need their air conditioners to combat our hot and muggy summers. That frost and ice may be a harbinger of a more serious problem, so the sooner you can have it addressed the better. Continue Reading
Atlantic Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, Inc. Blog
A new air conditioner is a significant purchase, and involves a number of considerations before pulling the trigger. You may not be aware of all of them, but they can have a serve impact on your new purchase, and require the services of a professional technician to get right. This is particularly important for residents of Dover, DE, and surrounding suburbs: facing another hot summer and requiring a new air conditioning system to function as efficiently as possible. In order to ensure that, you need to have your air conditioner properly sized to your home. By “sized” we mean the relative cooling power of your new unit, instead of the physical sized. “How is my air conditioning sized and why is that so important?” you ask. Let us provide you with a few answers. Continue Reading
Summers here in Dover, DE are as hot and humid as they come, and when the temperature starts to spike, you need your air conditioner to function at top capacity. Unfortunately, breakdowns don’t always follow a 9-to-5 schedule, and sometimes your air conditioner runs into trouble much later than most businesses stay open. The good news is that professionals in the Dover area are on call 24 hours a day, and in the event of an emergency, they can come to your home to repair your system. But what constitutes an air conditioning emergency? At what point do you summon aid in the middle of the night and when do you simply hold on for normal business hours the next morning? It’s usually a matter of individual judgement, but here are a few guidelines to help you make the call. Continue Reading
Air conditioners are complex pieces of machinery, and the refrigerant that makes them run can be dangerous if not handled by trained professionals. With summer on its way, Dover, DE, residents need to jump on any repair issues quickly, lest they be left without cooling power just when they need it the most. “But how can I tell if my air conditioner needs repair?” you ask. That can be tricky for a layman to answer, and if you go poking around in your system without the proper training, you might make the problem worse. Luckily, most serious air conditioning problems exhibit one of several easy-to-spot symptoms which can alert you to the issue. Continue Reading
Atlantic Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, Inc. had a booth at the Delaware Resorts 2015 Home Expo this past weekend at the Rehoboth Beach Convention Center. We had 10 of our best Comfort Specialists manning the booth answering questions, talking with the folks at the show and demoing various aspects of our solutions. We had a great time meeting people, talking about how to improve your homes and discussing out Atlantic Refrigeration contributes to the local community. We hope to see more of you next year and can’t thank everyone that visited our booth enough for their time!
Just as you bring a car into the shop for a tune-up and oil change from time to time, you should give your air conditioning and heating system the same level of attention. A home or commercial comfort system is a vital part of any building, and replacing this unit would be quite costly. Regular maintenance can help to keep the system around for a little longer, make your system perform better, restore efficiency, and reduce the chances of repair. Continue Reading
Choosing a professional to install a new zone control system for your home or business is the perfect way to both keep everybody in the building more comfortable AND to save some money! Zone control allows you and the people in your family or your employees complete control over individual areas of the building. So, one person can lower the temperature in the living room without making it colder in the bedrooms. Or if one office tends to get hotter than the others due to the number of windows, for example, the employee can cool it off without affecting the rest of the building. Continue Reading
The air filter in your HVAC system probably does a good job of eliminating a large percentage of the most common particles found in homes and businesses. However, it may not be so effective at filtering out a number of the most dangerous pollutants, which are often too small for the common filter. This includes living microorganisms such as mold spores, bacteria, and viruses. A UV air purifier provides additional protection against such biological pollutants in order to prevent illness and ease allergies. Continue Reading
It is difficult to run a business without a proper AC system in place to keep the people on your commercial property as comfortable as possible in the summer months. But when the weather outside is still chilly, it’s difficult to think about the state of your commercial air conditioning system. Replace your system as early on as possible, particularly if you experience any of the following problems on your property.
- Frequent Repairs - Do you find that your unit needs repairs far too frequently? Are you sick of replacing a new component every time a technician visits your business? It may be time for an upgrade. The components of an air conditioner work best when every part inside is designed to work together. So when you put a newer part on an older unit, it still cannot operate efficiently and that newer part may simply wear out faster than it should. After a number of years, replacing the entire system is simply a better choice.
- Short Cycling - Does your unit turn on frequently only to turn off very shortly afterwards? This is known as short cycling, and it affects systems with faulty compressors or units that are too large for the space they cool. With packaged rooftop air conditioning units, you may only need to have a technician remove a module to correct a sizing issue. In other cases, however, replacement is necessary, which is a much higher risk if the compressor suffers damage.
- High Energy Bills - Of course, the energy bills are high enough as it is on a commercial property. But many business owners these days strive towards a more energy efficient workspace. If you are concerned about the environmental impact of your AC, or if you just want to pay less from month to month, consider replacing your unit with an energy efficient model.
Don’t wait until the cooling season is in full swing before calling your local technicians for new commercial specialists. Call an expert today, and keep in mind that it takes a commercial specialist to service a complex commercial unit.
Call the experts at Atlantic Refrigeration for commercial air conditioning installation or service in Dover, DE.
Customers expect quality when they order a cold beer on tap: just the right amount of foam and a crisp, clean, refreshing taste. That’s why it’s so important to have a quality draft beer system in your establishment, but these can run into trouble from time to time. Most draft beer system issues have to do with the carbon dioxide pressure and the temperature in the tank—though user error is often largely at fault. Check the temperature and pressure settings when you run into trouble, make sure your glasses are “beer-clean” and that your pour is on point, and call professionals when you encounter system trouble.
- Flat beer – This could mean that the temperature setting is too cold (it should stay around 36-38 degrees Fahrenheit) or that the carbon dioxide is not pressurized enough. Alternatively, it could have to do with an improper pour or an oily glass.
- Foamy beer – Check to make sure that you’re opening up the tap all the way and that you’ve poured properly. If this is not the problem, pressure issues may be responsible, or the temperature of the beer may be too warm. Call a technician if the settings appears to be correct but the issue persists.
- No beer – If there is no beer at all but your system appears to be running properly, it may be time to call for professional repairs. Of course, you should also check to make sure that everything is properly connected—and that the keg is not empty.
- Poor taste or appearance – When is the last time you cleaned the beer lines? Ideally, you or your distributor should clean the beer line about once a week, though three weeks is acceptable (and nightly is optimal), and anytime you replace a keg. If you’re not sure how to do this, call our team, though purchasing the equipment for this is not too costly. Of course, you should also check to make sure that the keg is within its expiration date, and that you do not use a keg for more than 3 weeks.
Atlantic Refrigeration can answer all of your questions about draft beer systems in Dover, DE and provide professional installation, service, or replacement so that your business runs smoothly. Give us a call!