Your air conditioner is designed to remove both heat and humidity, but during periods of excessive humidity, it can be challenging for your AC to keep up. Humidity holds heat, so any time there is excess humidity in the air, it forces your air conditioner to work harder in order to cool your home. A great way to help your air conditioner and increase the comfort in your home is by adding a whole-home dehumidifier to your Seaford, DE property. With professional installation from Atlantic Refrigeration, you can dehumidify your home easily.
Signs You Have Too Much Humidity
You can feel humidity most of the time, but sometimes it can be difficult to spot excess humidity when the AC is running. Here are some common signs:
- Sticky feeling on the skin
- Stickiness on surfaces – counter tops, tables, etc.
- Condensation on walls
- Fogging windows
- Cold, clammy feeling in your home
How Does a Whole-Home Dehumidifier Help?
When you install a dehumidifier into your existing HVAC system, the air in your home is dehumidified before it becomes part of your system’s air flow. The dehumidifier is part of your system, so it operates with the cycles of your air conditioner as well as independently. The process is seamless and easy.
What are the Benefits of a Dehumidifier?
Installing a dehumidifier has several benefits worth considering:
- Better comfort – removing the excess moisture from your indoor air leaves the air dry and cool, and as a result, more comfortable.
- Better health – excess humidity can exacerbate chronic respiratory problems like asthma, and allergens like dust mites, mold and mildew thrive in moist environments. Eliminating the excess moisture in your home can reduce or eliminate these problems.
- Less stress on your system – as we mentioned above, when there is excess humidity, your air conditioner has to work harder. By reducing the amount of moisture in the air with a dehumidifier, you remove the extra stress on your AC.
A whole-home dehumidifier for your Seaford, DE home can help improve comfort, indoor air quality and the health of you, your family and your air conditioner.
If you are interested in what a dehumidifier can do for you and your home, call Atlantic Refrigeration today and schedule an appointment.