If you run a restaurant or similar food preparation service here in Seaford, DE, you know how important your ice machine is. Ice is necessary not only for providing cool drinks for your customers, but to aid with refrigeration and food preparation. When your ice machine runs into trouble, it can bring your entire business to a halt. The right services can fix the problem quickly and get your company back to normal operations again, but first you need to be bale to spot the signs of trouble. The list of symptoms of such problems can include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Leaks. Puddles of water forming around your ice machine, and sometimes in the ice machine itself: creating big chunks of unusable ice.
- Low Water Flow. Trouble with the water lines can reduce the water flow into your machine, lowering the rate of ice production considerably.
- Low Air Flow. Air flow is just as necessary as water flow to creating quality ice. Exhaust needs to vent, or the system itself could overload and shut down. Keep the air vents to your machine clear at all times.
- Warm Water. A lack of cooling power means that the ice machine won’t be able to generate enough ice to keep up with demand. It may also account for large chunks of ice in the system and similar problems.
- No Power. You don’t need us to tell you that a lack of power to your system is a big problem, and needs a rapid response from the repair technician if it’s going to keep from impacting your business.
Generally speaking, anything that doesn’t resemble your ice machine’s normal operation should be considered suspicious and merit a call from a qualified repair service. Contact the pros at Atlantic Refrigeration and Air Conditioning for more.